People selling Bedrock Exposition 13 sets

Several people are getting high prices, $1000 for the set. Good margin for a set that cost $195.

Thing is though selling these is a dumb move, you cannot replace them with anything that good for even close to the sell price. I am not an expert in very high end wines but i do drink a substantial amount in the $100-150 range with a few bottles edging $250 and nothing has even come close to the quality of 2013 #2 i enjoyed. I have no issue with putting up against the finest wines from any region in the world and i genuinely believe it would put up a good fight

Its only money, if you dont like the wine then fine sell but if you enjoy this style then do yourself a favour and keep the wine and enjoy it.

I suppose if I had a case or more of something and my tastes had moved on I would sell some or all. But I was only able to get a single set of this on release, and I’ll be damned if I sell my only bottles, even if they are not my usual style.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=145837

It’s also only wine. If you want to sell a few bottles and buy something you will get more utility out of, then by all means do so.

Thats my point, there are millions of utility average wines. You will very rarely find something mind blowing like this wine. If you just want OK utility wines sell you cellar and buy as many cases of Cameron Hughes as you can with the proceeds and be done

I was thinking more along the lines of buying a baby crib or funding a college tuition. Selling a little of really good wine to purchase a lot of mediocre wine wasn’t something I considered.

I thought your point was simply that you really, really enjoy this particular wine.

Alan, Bobby’s use of “more utility” meant more value/more joy/more well being.

I pulled my listing. I got a reasonable offer, but not anything close to $1000. The lesson I learned from selling on eBay for many years is that there may only be one buyer in the market willing to overpay and once they are gone the market settles down.
There are bottles that sold on the internet auction sites for under $300. Some are still sitting.
I’ve tried the earlier vintages. They are good, complex wines that you could see RP giving a high score to. Are they life changing? No, but they are good.

Alan, I respect the speed in which you transition from chastising others for drinking aged old world wines to chastising those selling young new world wines. Remarkable accomplishment without even a hint of self awareness.

Served a customer a 14 Bedrock Griffins Lair Syrah last night and they were blown away. Great wine.

Clint, who would you bully and attack if i was not around

At least it stops you bothering someone else

I just loved the “it’s only money” line. Wow!

It’s always a treat to get advice about flipping from the OP, who has a long history of flipping various wines and spirits (and being damn annoying about it)…

Long history of flipping wines ?

Ive flipped one six pack. The rest ive traded and swapped allocations with lots of people at cost, no money either way.

Spirits, yep ive flipped multiple bottles

This advise was not about flipping, it was about keeping the wine

Exactly. “Do as I say, not as I do”.

rolleyes

Sounds like a flipper having “drinker’s remorse”. I have not tried mine quite yet. Most BR that I have opened has been way too early.

I’m holding mine until they reach $2000 for the set.

The point of flipping is to make money for better wine, you cant get a better wine for $300, the Bedrock is that good

Alan

The statement you’re making below is far too objective. In your opinion you can’t do better than the Bedrock for $300. You’re certainly entitled to that opinion but obviously wine preference is not that black in white. I’ve had the '13 #2 twice this year and while I found it to be a fantastic wine, in my opinion, the '14 Materium and '14 Andremily I’ve had were better wines. Having said that, I think it’s awesome the Bedrock blew your mind and I hope you get to try another.

Cheers
Jake

I thought the point of flipping was to make money. Why do we need to buy something better to replace it?
That said, I’m actually curious about these wines? Do they drink like a great Côte Rôtie or Hermitage? Will people flip to buy those wines?