Temp and/or Humidity Alert, Email or Text, from the Winecellar. Who makes a good one?

I tried pinging around for this topic, didn’t find anything recent.

I have a wine cellar. WiFi works fine in the wine cellar. I want to put a device in the wine cellar that will notify me if the temperature (and possibly also the humidity) goes outside of a specified range. I’d like to be notified by text or email.

Seems like a basic IPhone app these days. Someone must have perfected it?

Here’s a long thread on just that topic.

The Wireless Tag product that Yaacov recommended is a good option. I think my issues with it have to do with the broadband connection to the friend’s house where it’s installed, which suffers interruptions that require rebootings.

I was asking myself the same thing and that’s why I’m ready to launch one in December for the 40th anniversary of my company. Of course, I’m biased and take this as a commercial post. Advance apologies if it’s against the rules. I’ve been posting on eRP and here (occasionally) since 2003 and I believe this is my first post in this nature. My product will continuously keep track of temperature and humitidy levels inside any cellar. It regularly measures humidity and temperature and pushes all values to the linked app.
It will automatically notify you (or someone else you might delegate) when values are outside set limits. It also features statistics and a battery-state indicator. ​
The sensor also brings a new quality in cellar measuring accuracy:
Humidity accuracy %RH: +/- 2%
Every sensor is individually calibrated and tested.
The high-quality sensors are manufactured and meet the highest demands on technology and design, made in Switzerland. Think cellar central, just higher end. I’ve contacted the guys of cellar central but no one seemed interested. So I developed my own. Cheers

Thanks for linking that up again. Actually, this was the basis for puting it in high gear as I got in touch with several players listed in that long thread and didn’t get one reply zilch nada… I was virtually forced to develop my own.

I don’t know what the issue was with responses. I had no trouble ordering my Wireless Tag from their website.

My company contacted serveral providers/manufacturers listed with regard to purchasing a bunch for personal use with potentially buying bulk for my company. Got no replies.
On a side note, with the exception of an AMEX charge card, I own no cards and I’m routinely surprised how few outfits actually accept AMEX. That said, that was just a minor thing. Either way, we reply to every inquiries we get.

Netatmo does everything you want it to and more. Temp, Humidity, Sound, Air Pressure and CO2 levels all with definable +/- for email/text alerts.

The sound readings (db) are great b/c that gives a very accurate reading of how long your a/c unit is actually running - the temp swings lag for monitoring a/c activity. The sound and CO2 readings are also very handy for knowing if anyone has been in your cellar - the door opening is louder than the a/c in mine and the CO2 levels rise when someone is inside your cellar. Handy for knowing if your kids (or sneaky FIL) have been lurking in the cellar unknowingly.

I have the base unit with one extra “outdoor” module. It looks good and has been rock solid in use over the last 3 years.

Thanks! I’ll look into all of these…

That’s because they charge merchants much higher fees: Where is American Express Accepted? - NerdWallet

Marc how do I order your product for my home cellar?

price?

I like my Netatmo.

I love Wireless Tag. Inexpensive and it works!

It will be live in December for the 40th anniversary of my company. Waiting for the app to be listed/approved in the apple store. Not sure if I’m at liberty to promote it here. Anyway, it’s just a self indulgent piece of overpriced Swiss engineering made by a functioning alcoholic (you’ve been warned)

champagne.gif

if you’re on instagram you can catch a few sneak peak pics @winesor_original

I have said it before and I will say it again but I love the EasyLog WiFi Logger. It is made for professional use. It logs for free via wi-fi, can run on the internal battery (6 months of use) or plugged in. It emails you when there are problems/out of set temp/humidity range. Pay $165 for the unit and then never pay anything more again. If you don’t need humidity it is $100.

I have no affiliation, just a big fan.

The Wireless Tag was $83 before shipping for the temperature/humidity sensor and the “tag manager” base unit. The base unit doesn’t transmit wifi, though. You have to connect it to an ethernet or get a wifi range extender for $25. Still a good deal. No cost after that.

I have been pleased with my Temperature Stick: http://idealsciences.com/

This looks good. Like the plug-in option. But software is PC only, no Mac version.

Battery only. Does it send an alert when the battery dies?

How long do the batteries last? Website says from a few months to over a year. Does it send an alert when the battery dies?