Hmmm...paid higher price then sticker on bottle?

I can understand a bottle bought at auction that is of age, and has an original price sticker that is WAY less than what the wine goes for now…it adds to the history and provenance. But, when this happens when you receive a shipment from a “retailer” and it is a current release…Arsenio Hall pops into your mind and you say…Hmmmm??? Purchased these online for $54 from well respected retailer…and I did email them, with no response yet. $31.98 would be an amazing price, so I’m not really looking for them the honor that price, just want to know where the wines came from, and why did they leave those stickers on?

Hmmmmmm???

That is really weird. I guess they upped the price and got lazy

D’oh! Yeah, I’d be asking questions as well. You were obviously ok with the $54 price but they really should have removed the price tags. Very tacky.

Agreed that it’s lazy not to take the stickers off when items are being shipped, but they could possibly have been mispriced?

Wine is alcohol. You’re not shopping at Macy’s. You can’t legally sell things below cost in most states, and pricing errors with stickers vs. price in the computer/register system can happen. If a bottle is mispriced by a buck or two I would usually honor it for the customer when I was in retail, but if a $69.99 bottle was mistakenly marked $6.99, you’re not getting it for 7 bucks. Go pound sand if you don’t like it. YMMV.

I wouldn’t worry about it if you paid the correct price. Perhaps they were thinking in Euros and forgot about the “$” sign?

Does that producer make a lesser wine? Could’ve had the price tag for the entry-level wine, or a Saint Jo?

Those bottles look they have been sitting upright, on a shelf in a grocery store or liquor store. Look like the same stickers on the bottles at Food Lion in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was always 75 and humid in the store.

Why would you assume that?

LOL, Levet Chavaroche is not the sort of wine that’s carried in a Food Lion, not to mention that the 2014 has just been released.

Also, $54 is a good price for Chavaroche. $32 was surely a pricing mistake. The Amytheste (which I think equates to the Journaries, a less expensive cuvee than the Chavaroche) is EUR 34 ex-cellar, it seems.

I do agree it was tacky not to remove the incorrect price tags, though.

[scratch.gif]

Brian, $32 is $10-15 below the Rosenthal wholesale direct pricing in CA. $54 is a good price and the wine is superb. Enjoy. [cheers.gif]

I’ve had auction bottles come in with price tags, inventory stickers, handwritten notes, like Parker scores on them. I have also received bottles that show signs of removal of stickers as well. Both instances make me ponder, but in the end I always drink and enjoy the wine.

Last week I had a bottle of 1975 Mouton with its original $14.99 sticker on it. I have three more. Do you think I should call the store and ask them to honor the original sticker price? newhere

i think since this is current release it is quite valid to question the retailer regarding the matter.

I know we’re easily confused for one another [training.gif] but his name is Randy.

Hah! Buzz, I think we had the same idea! I also picked some up (a six pack). Wonder if mine also have stickers on them. I won’t know because it goes directly to my cellar.

Was it Alfert’s thread that prompted you?

OP’s name is Brian.

Buzzzzzz!

Stay away, these wines suck so badly!

It doesn’t make sense per what Martin said that a new wine has a price of $31 but is lower than what they must of bought it for? Any chance they put the lower price in the system and put the profit in shipping or something else for tax purposes?

Response from retailer was that someone probably put price tag on the wrong wines, as Levet has never been below $50.

So…I wonder if those were on a shelf, and what if someone took them up to the register?

The price stickers are real…it is just that the labels are fake…

neener