Virtual Tasting Series Compendium 2017 - WB Charity ***README***

A Wineberserker Public Service Announcement
The 5th annual Virtual Tasting Series (VTS) is ready to go. The first VTS for 2017 kicks off the week of Thanksgiving and runs through the following Wednesday giving those time to post a tasting note into the thread. Each week is hosted by a fellow Wineberserker who decides the theme, format, and the charity they’d like to support.

Matching Donations: if you’d like to co-host the current week by matching the donations then just post into that week’s thread “I’m matching” and any terms and conditions you’d like to add. A number of people have requested this and it’s a great idea so have look below and pick a week you’d be interested in matching.

Week__Date_____Theme / Host - Charity

1. NOV19 - NOV28 - Pinot Noir from around the World Frank Murray - Laura’s House
  2. NOV28 - DEC5 - Historic Vineyards of Sonoma and Napa- Larry P - North Bay Fire Fund
  3. DEC5 - DEC12 - P&R - Jay Hack - Puerto Rican Hurricane Relief
  4. DEC12 - DEC19 - Craft Beer Intermezzo - Brig Campbell- Puerto Rico Relief
  5. DEC19 - DEC26 - Holiday Week
  6. DEC26 - JAN4 - Sparkling Wines -D@vid Bu€ker - Dakin Humane Society

Here’s the Compendium for the previous years.

2013 Compendium
2014 Compendium
2015 Compendium
2016 Compendium

OK, looking for this year’s host for their favorite charities. Post the week you want.

I do all the work for you starting the thread, etc. You pick the charity, theme and the format.

It’s that easy. First come first serve while weeks are open

Brig, my theme for Week 1 is Pinot Noir from anywhere in the world. You can update my week please, gracias por ayudarnos.

I’ll take a week for Wines from Historic Vineyards of Sonoma & Napa Counties, as defined by the HVS. $5/note for North Bay Fire Relief Fund https://www.redwoodcu.org/northbayfirerelief

I will do my usual week around the new year for sparkling wines. $5 per to Dakin Humane Society.

Great, I have you both down.

I added Carlos for the beer as he traditionally does it. I’ll take it for him if he can’t and do a PR charity. I’ll match if he does.

Only two weeks left…

Reminder. Looking for hosts for only two remaining weeks.

PSA: FMIII Pinot Noir week starts this weekend. See the link to his thread up top.

I will take December 5-12. In deference to Carlos’ past participation in this event, I will also go for Puerto Rico relief as a charity. I am working on a theme. I am ttentatively planning anything with the letters P and R in the name other than pinot noir, but I have to make sure that other wines are available besides Patrick Piuze. I will double my contribution if we get a miracle on the last day of my week (December 12) but you will have to go to the Politics section if you want to know whereof I speak.

OK. I’ll go with my plan:

Wines with the letters P and R in the name of the wine, EXCLUDING the name of the grape. Thus, Patricia Green Berserker Cuvee makes the cut without considering the fact that it is made with pinot noir. So does Dom Perignon, Raveneau Petit Chablis and anything by Patrick Piuze. $5 per detailed tasting note, double if we get a miracle on December 12, and I will throw in an extra $5 for a photo of you drinking the wine with the wine bottle showing the name in the photo. Have fun with the theme. Your Pride Cellars collection should take a hit.

Okay, Jay. You get creativity points for that theme.

Now we have to know the alphabet… LOL Thanks.

And I did speak with Carlos and I’ll be running the craft beer week for PR relief. He’s still very occupied as Puerto Rico continues to suffer.

One week left open and it’s Christmas! Great chance to really get creative on a theme.

To avoid confusion, my charity will be Puerto Rican relief in deference to Carlos and hence my theme is wines with the letters P and R in thename, but since I have not lost my way, as Frank has, the words pinot noir do not count. It must be in the name of the winery or the cuvee without counting the words pinot and noir.

I will also give and extra $5 for anyone who opens and photographs and writes a note on a bottle of Petrus during that week and another $5 if I get to share it.

Thanks guys for the help and for the attention to the relief efforts.

Fun, Jay

So much to choose from:

Paul Bara
Prunotto
Pietramarina
Palari
Luigi Pira
Pelaverga
Pernand Vergelesses
Priorat
Colpetrone
Petite Sirah
Prum
Prager
Port
Grand-Puy-Lacoste/Ducasse
Pierre Peters/Guillemot/Paiilard
Marcel Lapierre
Leoville Poyferre
López de Heredia
Marguet Pere et Fils
Monprivato
Pepiere
Perreol
Pietradolce
Pietranera
Guido Porro
Produttori
Raul Perez

Gee thanks. :frowning: This could get expensive. :slight_smile: [cheers.gif] Petite Sirah is not allowed, because that is the name of a grape, but I had already determined that Scholium Project Babylon, which is a Petite Sirah, is allowed. Although Carlisle Petite Sirah is not allowed, Carlisle Pietro’s Ranch is allowed. I’m just waiting for someone to offer me a Ch. Petrus, which I think is the only Bordeaux at that level that I have not had.

Dude, you are cracking on me big time this week. Are you just jealous of my theme, since it’s so easy for people to figure out? [haha.gif]

Yes, it could … for all of us!

Bouchard Père et Fils Volnay 1er Cru Caillerets Ancienne Cuvée Carnot
M. Chapoutier Ermitage Le Pavillon
Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Colonnello
Domaine de Courcel Pommard 1er Cru Grand Clos des Épenots
Dom Perignon Champagne Oenothèque
Bernard Dugat-Py Charmes-Chambertin
Jean Foillard Morgon Côte du Py
Fonseca Porto
Paul Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage La Chapelle
Domaine Huet Vouvray Début Pressée Le Mont
Château Palmer
Château Pichon-Longueville Baron
Pol Roger Vintage Brut
Remoissenet Père et Fils Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Aux Malconsorts
Etc …

Still looking for a Host during the week of Christmas.

Have a charity you’d like to support?

Please add that my charity is Puerto Rican Hurricane Relief. I’ll let Carlos select who should get the money.

Thanks Jay. I’ll send you a couple of suggestions.

Week 2 is up and running. Help spend Larry P’s money for a worthy cause!!!