Bailiwick closing

Just received an email from Paul & Bryan announcing that they’re shutting down Bailiwick and closing all wines out fro 60%…

This fall is the eighth anniversary of Bailiwick’s inaugural vintage. Since 2009, we’ve enjoyed producing our wines and sharing them with you. It’s been gratifying to receive your encouragement and praise, and to garner industry accolades. We’ve enjoyed working all aspects of the process - summer days in the vineyards, fall mornings during harvest, long days in the winery during crush, and knocking back the results with you at wine tasting events. This endeavor has enriched our lives.

But now, it’s time to move on. Increased production of Pinot Noir statewide has put significant downward pressure on our operating margins. And frankly we both look forward to new challenges.

So…this Thanksgiving we give thanks to you, our customers, by offering our remaining inventory discounted 60% across the board. Get them while they last!

Best regards and THANK YOU!

Paul & Bryan

PS - No pickup available at the winery or elsewhere; all orders must be shipped. Deliveries require adult signature during normal business hours.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Kyle. I’d heard for awhile that this was coming, but sorry to see Paul and Bryan close up shop. I’ve enjoyed their Pinots, Cab Franc, and Vermentino over the years - at 60% off the wines, it’s a no-brainer to grab some.

That’s sad. I found them through BerserkerDay a couple of years ago and really enjoyed their Cab Franc.

Unfortunately, they don’t ship to Ohio any longer.

Been seeing their wines discounted at Grocery Outlet and saw their barrels at other wineries. Must have been a tough decision though. Best of luck to them.

Sucks - I was just about to post this if it wasn’t already. I love their cab franc and bought another 9 bottles.

Very high quality wines and customer oriented owners, very sorry they are closing.

-Al

Likewise, enjoyed the few I had. Unfortunately, they also stopped shipping to Missouri. Sad to see this business close.

I wish them luck on their new endeavors. I sold them grapes from the Londer Estate Vineyard for a few years and have enjoyed many of their wines over the years.

Order placed for some great pricing on some nice wine.

Agree. Terrific wines, a Berserker Day discovery for me. Unfortunately since we moved from CA to MA I’ve been unable to purchase any because they don’t ship to MA.

I used to sell them grapes also. I knew they were winding things up, but it’s still a bummer to see the final throwing in of the towel. The wines were very good and the prices were reasonable. It’s disappointing that that wasn’t a successful formula.

I am not familiar with the brand, but wish them the best. Although there are certainly wonderful times to be had in the wine business, it is not all romance. It is a very tough, competitive business.

Agreed . . . .

Making the wine is the easy part - kind of [snort.gif]

I too wish them luck and am always sorry when a brand does not make it - especially when folks dig their wines . . .

Cheers.