Wine Zone versus Cellar Pro split????

Hello Fellow berserkers,

I am considering replacing my ailing WineZone 5700 spilt wine refrigeration system. They have replaced that unit with the newer 6800 and I am unable to find any reviews online on it. I am hoping some of you may have that unit and have some feedback for me, positive and negative.

I am looking at is the CellarPro 6000s.

Please share your feedback on either of these or if you have a different unit which you like.

Thanks

bump…some of you must have feedback for me.

Thanks

I have a cellarpro I’ve been very happy with it, but it rarely spits.

Craig,

Thanks for the witty response but, it would be really helpful if you shared the model you owned and how long you have had it.

I have a rear ducted 3200, I had planned and even stubbed out for a split system. After talking to Cellarpro and doing the “audit” and giving them my specs they suggested I buy the cheaper unit, which to me says a lot. Every part of the process was very easy.
I did the installation myself and had one question about the duct run that was quickly answered by phone. It’s been in service about a year. If you search cellar build and/or Cellarpro there are lots of posts about this and specifically these and even bigger units.
*i live in Texas so the cooling unit was a big decision.
Best of luck

I’d choose the CP, it uses R-134A refrigerant. The WZ uses R-22 (outdated $$$) or one of the R-22 replacements which have little consistency between contractors. The support at CP is about as good as it gets.

I wouldn’t rely on reviews for split systems, the outcome is based on proper sizing and a quality install, just too many variables.

Even if the #'s are close 5700 vs 6000 don’t use them as a sizing metric, a proper heat loss should be done. The BTU ratings are easily manipulated and can significantly vary manufacturer to manufacturer.

That’s what helped me. I killed it with insulation, have no exterior walls, no glass.