DUKE OF BOURBON in Los Angeles: Bait and Switch: Wine ordered, but refuses to honor price

Just got off the phone with Xavier at Duke of Bourbon in Westlake Village.
Requested my wines to be shipped but they first asked for verification of credit card and ID, which I provided.

First Xavier mentioned that the wines are not available anymore.

Then about 5 minutes later begins to tell me now the prices for them have gone up to $400 for Volcanic Creek and $700 for the Lake and he can’t sell it to me for the price I ordered a month ago, but he can sell it at the new price.
(Never mind that these were scored earlier way back at the beginning of the year, not when I ordered it a month ago)

He also said I could buy the 2014 and 2015 and would “see what he could do”.
Typical bait and switch.

Anyway, no big deal on this but I thought I’d put it out there in case anyone was considering ordering from them to watch out for the “your price is no longer valid” type of deal.
I guess this is why I should stick to the reputable outlets… avoids wasting time on these idiots.

-DP
Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 6.48.43 PM.png

That is total bullsh$t. You should report to local authorities and BBB. Could also threaten suit m.

I recently heard a few horror stories about his customer service as well as not honoring pricing/bait switch tactics. I used to follow the guy on Instagram and even planned on shopping at the store, but not anymore. It’s crazy how people like this stay in business.

They sold me some cooked wine a long time ago.

Terrible seepage that was visible, but not disclosed.

Learned my lesson.

Awful!

Thanks! Added to the no buy list