TN ‘16 Tercero Mourvèdre Rose’

I swore off rose’. I used to buy multiple cases of it. Mostly California, but also Bandol as well. I just O.D’d on it. I haven’t had much more than an occasional glass at a restaurant for over a year or two.
On a whim I ordered some of Larry’s rose’ and opened a bottle tonight. He has made me a rose’ fan again.

Perfect balance of sweet red melon, strawberry, peach and a slight saltiness, all with good acidity.
A perfect food wine or just to sip. No reason to wait for warm weather. This one will be good throughout the year. Probably my favorite California rose’ to date.

Great job Larry.

1 Like

Thanks for posting your tasting note on this wine, Michael. I truly and honestly believe that this Rose is continuing to get better and will do so for probably the next year or so. I’m excited to have it in stock for the holidays and will be putting together a special offer on it next week. Cheers!

BOOM!!! [wow.gif]

It’s my wife’s favorite of the year as well, except for one we had from Chinon. Really well-done wine without the bubble gum flavor that a lot of the Grenache-based ones have. Wonderful wine and I like it every time I have it.

LARRY! Bravo, sir. This stuff is delicious. Melon, peach, fresh, so well balanced. Smelled of flower pastille on opening. And mourvedre which is always. bonus in my book. Soooo good! And guess what, still good on day two even if subdued, impressive.

Ordered a 6-pack today but waiting for a Falltacular pick-up. Did I err?

This is an outstanding Rose. Beat SQN and Biondi Santi in a recent blind tasting among amateur enthusiasts:

I ordered a case during BeserkerFest, and after two sips, my wife said “This might be my favorite rose ever.” After that first bottle was finished, I ordered two more cases. No idea what the 2017 blend will bring, but I can’t wait.

Thanks for all of the kind words, my friends - it really is humbling. I truly do dig this wine - and I’m not one who appreciates it when winemakers ‘openly’ say they love their wines. At the end of the day, of course we like what we produce, but I don’t want to influence someone else’s enjoyment of my product.

I dig this wine for its simplicity - there are very steps taken between the grapes arriving and the finished wine, and when I can ‘produce’ something as expressive as this, I dig it.

The great thing about Mourvedre Roses, at least what I’ve found, is that they have a longer bottle life than other roses - in fact, I expect this rose to not even peak for another 6-12 months.

And Eric, the 2017 is shaping up nicely - it’s also 100% Mourvedre from the same site; the processing was similar, with me foot stomping the grapes, leaving them on the skins, then pressing to stainless and fermenting them at cool temperatures over a 4 week period or so; it’s being aged in a combo of stainless and older FR oak and will be bottled in mid-March; alcohol levels are similar, with the 2017 maybe having a touch more acidity.

Cheers.

I agree - this is an amazing Rose! I bought some at Berserkerfest too and added on some more a few months ago.