TN: 2016 G.D. Vajra Langhe Nebbiolo Claré J.C. (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Langhe DOC)

• 2016 G.D. Vajra Langhe Nebbiolo Claré J.C. - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Langhe DOC (10/29/2017)
    I really enjoyed this wine. A little fizzy at first pop, but fades quickly. Big bright cherries - really ripe red fruit, light bodied with a fresh acidic balance. But there is something more that is intangible - a life, an electric charge that makes this wine seem alive. Fun and unexpected. This is going to be great on the table at Thanksgiving.

Posted from CellarTracker

Is this a special bottling? I have got the regular 2015 and the label is completely different.

Yup…this is special bottling. Clare as in claret. The JC stands for Jefferson-Corti.
Several yrs ago, Darrell found a TN of ThomasJefferson describing Piemonte Nebb from back in the late 1700’s. He asked the Vajra folks if they would replicate that wine. This is there rendition of old Nebb from Jefferson’s day. Slightly frizzante, off-dry, very light, loads of strawberry fruit. Neat stuff.
Tom

Where did you find that, Ryan?

Esquin

Cool thanks. I may check it out. I like Vajra.