Pott Wines 2015 next week

Just received the email from Claire that the 2015s and the 2014 Incubo go live next week. Terribly disappointed that they have gone to non-guaranteed allocations. I think a week, or even a few days of a guaranteed allocation is appropriate. Just disappointed as I’ll be at a conference and unsure if I’ll be able to log in…

At least you received an email.

I assume that Pott went to non-guaranteed allocation because of limitations of the 2015 harvest. Aaron and Claire are the best and I am sure there is a good reason for what they are doing.

I had a few of the 2015 Potts yesterday.

I think these are on sale now or soon. I did not have every wine of the release. Two really stood out among those I tried…

The Actaeon was my favorite. It has been my favorite almost every vintage for Pott the last three or four years. Every year it seems to be consistent and almost immune to vintage variations. Medium-full body, outstanding balance; the prototypical “iron fist in a velvet glove” Cabernet.

Kalihiolmanok was my number two and very, very close to Actaeon. Black currant and pine needles, this one has its usual forest-floor aroma I loved in previous vintages of this bottling such as 2008. The good news on this is that there is more of this than any other wine he made in 2015, so it should not be hard to get. I recommend it to anyone who likes to buy his releases.

Good luck!

I always like the Actaeon too. Glad to hear you liked it.
I’m looking forward to tasting these 2015s.

I miss The Arsenal!

I will put in another endorsement.

These are delicious and I can see why Roy picked up what he did.

I may lose wish list bottles by encouraging y’all, but these are worth seeking out.