Gofundme page for Garrrett Paiz the fallen firefighter in Napa- A matching challenge on post #5 !

Sadly as many of you are aware one of the brave firefighters brought in to California to fight the Nunn fire in Napa was tragically lost when his water transport truck went off the road and down an embankment. I know many of us have already given and that this is a VERY generous group, however here is a hero as much as any war hero. I have already donated to both Sonoma and Mendocino aid but feel compelled to make at least a small contribution. His name is Garrett Paiz, he was brought in from Missouri to help battle the blaze and there is a gofundme page to help out his family. Even if you can only do 5 or 10 bucks every little bit helps !

Here is the link:

Please go to post #5 to see matching challenge

Thanks for posting. Very sad, and you’re right: unsung hero like so many who serve outside the military.

+1

If most Berserkers threw in $10 this guy’s fund would reach its goal, it’s already halfway there.

I am surprised there hasn’t been more board response or donations from the board to this hero’s family. I know that many people here have already either donated or bought auction goods to help the area, but this mans family need the help as much as anybody. I have already given to 4 different causes out there including this one. Yet I still feel I should give more as the need is immense.

Therefore I will make a small matching challenge. Anyone that contributes to Garrett Paiz gofundme page over the next 72 hours even as little as $5 I will match up to the first $100. If somehow we get up to $200 I will donate $100 and auction off yet another nice bottle of $100 wine. Hopefully this will get some traction if so that’s great if not at least I did the best to help. Lastly I did see a few board members donate and for this I am thankful.

I hadn’t heard about the death of this brave firefighter before this thread, so thanks for posting this. Donation made.

Andy

Andy- Thank you very much for contributing I am sure the family truly appreciates it. As promised I have sent a matching donation. Between yours and mine, I am happy to report that we just pushed them over the $11000 mark.

Done. And tossed the page to my Facebook page. Let’s move the needle on this one!

[worship.gif]

Mike you rock ! Thank you for the generous donation. I have matched your funds. Between you and Andy and my match we have raised $200 in the last 2 hours. My matching donation offer has been completed way faster than expected. Now kicks in part 2 If we get another $100 of donations for Mr Paiz gofundme page then I put up a $100 lot on CC with proceeds donated to the fund. Lets keep it going kids !!

Sad to see this hasn’t gotten more traction and the total raised is still way short of the goal.

Done!

Donated before, but now shared to FB. Hopefully it helps move things in the right direction.

Thanks Scott for helping ! Andrew you are correct it is kind of sad. I am quite confident that many folks are drinking $100 bottles eating out at expensive restaurants or drinking Starbucks every day. If so they can afford a small donation. I am tapped out and have given until it hurts. Folks should realize how many of our favorite beloved wineries were saved by the heroic actions of all the brave firefighters including Mr Garrett Paiz. If his family has to wait for the government to help him it will probably be waiting a long time. Please help this true American hero.

Donation made.

Angelo thanks for donating to a great cause. I wish I could do more but I have already done what I can. Now however I am trying to give as much exposure as possible to the fallen hero Mr Paiz family. He was not doing his job for pay or recognition as he was a volunteer. I appreciate the donations from this board and to further gain traction, I have taken the liberty to post on cellartracker forum. I assume that Eric has no problem with that as it doesn’t appear to violate any of their rules.

Had not seen this until today.

Donation in.

Just made a donation. It’s the least I can do.