TN: 2005 Clos de la Roilette Fleurie Cuvee Tardive

TN: 2005 Clos de la Roilette Fleurie Cuvee Tardive. OK, this baby is on form, especially with Chicken Milanese. Just a lovely bottle. Rhubarb dominates if I had to pick a flavor direction. Not overly complex. Juicy, but it is a touch drying on the backend; I find that endemic in this producer’s wines, so I’m a bit confused about the direction on this one (drying out vs. this is what the wine is). Anyway, tonight, a solid 90 points.

Thanks for the note. I like Coudert wines. Sometimes the regular Cuvee better, sometimes Cuvee Tardive better in any given vintage. In 2005 I bought the regular and maybe it’s time to try a bottle.

Cool note to read, a Roilette with a little age. I have a ton of this stuff but 2009 to present. Do you think a shorter drinking window is in order? I love this wine.

I disagree with Drew about Coudert wines having a consistent finishing dryness. The 2005 regular was just into its wheelhouse last year, and the Tardive was early maturity.

I tasted the regular '16 today and it was singing.

I really don’t know. I don’t know which way that drying will go. Still, it certainly was in good shape and delicious last night.

Agreed, it was in my top 5 of the tasting.

Well, Jay, that begs the question of what were the other 4?

I made you wait because you misused “begs the question” neener

Actually, I just couldn’t find my notes until now.

2013 Valpolicella Classico Superiore Camporenza - lovely nose, smooth black cherries, a delightful joyful wine

2016 Pierre-O Bonehomme Vin de France “le Telquel” - no notes but it was very good

2010 Horiot Seve Champagve Rose Brut (still wine) - complexity and flavor without weight.
$54.99

2014 Koehler Ruprecth Pfalz Weisser Burgunder Kabinett Trocken - surprisingly I preferred this to the 2015.

That rose sounds right up my alley. [cheers.gif]