TN: 2007 Arcadian Syrah Purisima Mountain Vineyard

• 2007 Arcadian Syrah Purisima Mountain Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Ynez Valley (10/22/2017)
    This was spectacular and is without a doubt the most N. Rhone like CA Syrah I have ever had. The nose was a bit closed but the palate was singing. Black raspberry and bitter cherry with some tobacco, earth, white pepper and gamey notes with good acidity that leads to a long finish. Brilliant wine that is at it’s peak.

Posted from CellarTracker

nice
We drank our final bottle a few months ago. Great wine.

Nice note, Russ.
Of all the Arcadian wines I’ve drank through in the past 10+ years, I’ve never had one of Joe’s Purisima Syrahs. Sounds really great.
Thanks.

It was Dennis. The previous bottle I opened earlier this year was nice, but nothing like this one. What’s that saying about there are no great wines…

2007 continues to be an ‘under-appreciated’ vintage in our area, especially for rhone varieties. These will be long-lived wines that will reward those with patience . . .

Thanks Russ for the terrific review. The 2007 Purisima took awhile to come into its own. Some would say it was too funky in its youth. but I think it has melded into a really delicious wine and will continue to do so for the next few years.

\

Had a bottle of this recently, too, Russ. And it was smoking.

Yes, I believe I may have had a brief discussion with you on this at a tasting in TN. It seemed to get more funky for a while but as mentioned above it’s really come together to be a component of the wine in my more recent bottles. Bravo

Thanks Ryan, funny how wines evolve sometimes