2015 Le Masse Di Lamole Chianti Classico

2015 Le Masse Di Lamole Chianti Classico
[I don’t think I saw the word “Riserva” anywhere on the label - I think it’s simply “Chianti Classico” - although the fonts on these labels are so small nowadays that you need a magnifying glass to parse them.]

From a quick “Prick & Pour” with the Coravin at the tasting bar.

Very clean. Very quaffable. Synesthesia is quite watery [almost icy] and purple-black. Easily 92++.

It would be interesting to hold it for 15 or 20 years, and learn what kind of aromas might develop, but today it just smelled very clean & fresh.

The fruit is said to be grown on own-rooted vines [not grafted], and the juice is aged in ancient chestnut, and it strikes me as one of those rare wines which could appeal to both the Parkerized & AFWE partisans.

I think this will be our Thanksgiving wine. Maybe also our Christmas wine.

This one just went on a flash sale, which ends tomorrow morning.

I opened a bottle about eight hours ago, and the audouzed portion is just hopping right now.

Even the glass I poured back then is still drinking very nicely.

It’s an exceptionally clean, pure, and swallowable Sangiovese.

And quite elegant after the audouzing.

About the only thing I’d change in the original note is that it seems to be a lighter-bodied wine than I had realized in the store.

If you’ve had a lot of bad luck with “dirty” Sangiovese, but somehow you’re still curious as to what Sangiovese might capable of achieving, then you ought to give this one a try.

Apparently the 2016 of this wine vaporized shortly after the email offer was sent.

Poof!

Gone in a puff of smoke.

I didn’t even get a chance to see a bottle, much less open a bottle & taste it.

I guess the cat is outta the bag now.