1985 Mouton and Nobu - bad idea?

Any thoughts?

Wagyu?

Off the list?

Assuming they have corkage, nope. I’m being taken for a birthday and that is a potential on offer bottle. [insert smiley]

I have not dined there before, but I did have 1985 Mouton recently and can report it is still quite youthful (though with good secondary development) and with a certain strength despite its irresistible 1985 charm. This is a wine that can handle quite a wide range of fare.

Just one thing- best to double decant it a couple of hours in advance. When I had it at a recent lunch, we opened it on arrival at the restaurant and it took a while to come into its own- at which point most in attendance put it ahead of even 1985 Margaux (though I did have a slight preference for the latter.)

Mouton 1985 is a fabulous claret and at perfect maturity at 32 years of age!!

1985 Château Mouton Rothschild - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (27-11-16)
Great showing for the Mouton 1985!! the nose is to die for, tobacco, leather, cedar wood, black ripe fruit… taste seamingless, perfect maturity, even if there was 30 min before the previous bottle, it is amazing that this Bordeaux showed so well after a great Chateauneuf!! (97 pts.)

1985 Château Mouton Rothschild - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (08-06-14)
Oriental spices, ripe red strawberries, hint of coconut, balsamique, ripe cherries, nice acidity from red berries, very nice and modern Bordeaux! (94 pts.)

not a place i would drink it

I did not. The new DC Nobu was OK. For the price, it was hugely disappointing. Oh well.

Looking forward to the 85 with steak!

Did you read the Post review of it this week? Ouch!

I will now!!

this was my last trip to nobu and it was amazing!
Nobu maliby 3.17.jpg