Monfortino 2010: $5000 a three pack or $1666.66 a bottle.

I suppose it had to come. Arguably the best current Italian wine priced at the same point as some of the top French ones. Nor is that price the cheapest, but apparently thanks to some perfect scores, the initial offering sold out quickly at just north of $1000, and the cost has been moving up.

Wow. Maybe the run on Bartolo isn’t so anomalous after all.

I was going to sell a few bottles of older Monfortino; the smart play is to keep them, and wait for value buyers to bid them up as they try and back fill. Happened with Verset, Jamet, Gentaz,Engel, Truchot etc.

I just saw the 2004 on a menu at a restaurant in Venice for 900 euros. A bargain.

Well priced but not much fun. It will be as hard as nails.

I actually had a bottle of 2004 monfortino 3 months ago for 550 euros at a restaurant in piedmont and it was absolutely beautiful and open. The sommelier said the 2001 was big and the 2004 was not as much so. My friend was as surprised as I it was as open as it was.

I checked prices on back vintages and you know things are out of whack when Italian Wine Merchants has the cheapest price on the 2002.

Same experience, albeit at home. Have opened a couple and they are on the cusp. Really fun to drink.

That’s truly crazy. I think I pad 350-380 Euro for the 2008