TN's: Myriad George III, Kapcsandy State Lane, Jonata el Alma de Jonata, J.J.Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr

from dinner the other night . . .

2014 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese: such a great way to start a night with friends; amazingly lively and light on its feet, yet packed with delightfully vibrant and abundant fruit; bright and succulent at the same time; need to drink more Riesling

2012 Kapcsandy Estate Cuvee, State Lane Vineyard, Yountville, Napa Valley: dark floral approach leads to a soft rich red\purple elixir; think boysenberries; this is an easy wine to appreciate; doesn’t require any extended intellectually examination; it just brings a smile to your face as you bask in the pleasurable experience; entirely enjoyable now, or hold

2008 Jonata El Alma de Jonata, Santa Ynez Valley Red Wine: the exact opposite profile compared to the silky smooth Kapcsandy; this is dark, brooding, chewy, and straight-up chunky; full of black fruit and pepper; a wonderful domestic expression of Cab Franc; this is a fun wine that just wants to party; as opposed to the Kapcsandy, I will let this sleep a little while longer

2014 Myriad Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Georges III, Spring Mountain District, Napa Valley: the wine of the night due to its killer combo of structure and complexity; plums, black licorice, black and dark purple notes, soy sauce; long extended finish; while enjoyable now, it is just starting to reveal its treasures and I would let remaining bottles sleep a while longer

Great notes and another fine night out Henry. You`re doing it up well as usual. Myriad is one of my favs.

Thanks Blake! Look forward to seeing you on Tuesday!