More decanting advice please! Prevost, Prieuré Roch, Guigal...

Special occasion tomorrow night.
Taking the following to a restaurant (and sharing between 3 people/wait staff)

1. Jérôme Prévost La Closerie LC14
  2. Domaine Prieuré Roch Le Clou Blanc 2012
  3. Guigal Côte Rôtie La Landonne 1987

Well aware that the Prévost is quite young. It will probably be popped and poured but I’ll make sure we get wine glasses, not flutes.
No experience or knowledge whatsoever of the Prieuré Roch. Not sure what to expect.
Mainly interested in what sort of treatment I should give the Guigal. I won’t have the luxury of assessing it and tasting it periodically, it will be decanted at some stage, just a matter of wether that’s earlier in the day, when we get to the restaurant or just before we pour it. Anyone have any experience with old La Landonne? I’m aware that '87 was a lesser vintage but from what I’ve read it still should be standing up.

Will post tasting notes afterwards if anyone is interested. Cheers!

I’ve had the 87 Landonne on several occasions. It’s wonderful and very Burgundian. It should be decanted, though it only needs about 30 minutes before it really opens up. Please let us know how you make out.

Personally I wouldn’t decant the guigal, I’d give it a slow o of 8-10 hours…

Thanks for your advice guys [cheers.gif]

The La Closerie was stellar. Surprised to see some autolytic notes but that’s underneath a wall of juicy primary fruit. Gorgeous champers.

The Prieure Roch was bizarre. I knew not to expect “classic” white burgundy but still… disappointing. Cloudy orange-brown colour. Could have been premoxed really, hard to tell if that’s the style. Really aldehydic and reminded me of still Apple Cider/German Apfelwein.

The '87 La Landonne was opened, left for 30 mins, decanted, tasted, left for another 30. It sort of kept evolving over an hour after that before it plateaued. Looked quite fresh really, the colour of a 2 year old wine. Heady, spicy, peppery aromatics with a sort of anonymous “old dry red” taste to it. A bit of oak still showing. Nice wine but nothing extraordinary. I was expecting it to be either dead fruit/buggered or mind-blowing. It was neither.
Tannins on it were resolved but it still had a sort of chewiness and tactile sensation at the back palate, very dry, maybe oak tannins. Some length on the palate which is nice and spicy, sort of saves it from being entirely dull.