Musigny Blanc 2015

The white Musigny from Vogüé is now back – and bottled – a treat !?

Just yesterday a friend stated that Vogüé isn´t allowed anymore to declare a Musigny blanc (Grand Cru) - I denied that …
thanks for confirming me … [worship.gif]

It´s simply a question of price … what I´ve tasted as declassified Musigny (= Bourgogne blanc) isn´t worth more than 100 Euro (and it was usually 150+) … and my sole GC Musigny blanc was interesting … but not really stunning … so I´m not a buyer.

The 2015 with the new label is now priced the same as the Bonnes-Mares.

so all that changed was the label?

yes…so they can charge more.

And the price - yup!
I asked why the change for the 2015 vintage and not the 2014 - the answer was that ‘sometimes decisions are quite slow here’- so I’d assume that the 14 could be the superior wine at a lower price - of-course with a Bourgogne label though…

i’m in the same camp as Gerhard, the ones I’ve had have not been impressive.

Tried their Bourgogne few times. Its OK at best. Would not buy the Bourgogne again let alone this wine now at higher price tag.

I wonder why they persist in making a sub par blanc from the hallowed turf. Most producers would die to get their hands on a small plot of Musigny to make a rouge. Its like “we have so many acres we don’t care”.

same here.

you’re being too kind.

Ummm…ok…I can’t wait to blind you on one I have then! [whistle.gif]

quit threatening me with a good time, make it happen.

We had the '09 and '11 at a Musigny dinner last week, they were both very good - the '11 was in fact excellent.

No one would have doubted these as serious GC quality.

Had some major issues with wines from '00-'05 oxying and pretty much falling apart, but maybe the more recent vintages really are a big step up.

Paul,

Ughhh…i have a single 2005. Sheisse.

I’ve enjoyed the ‘10 and ‘12 BB recently. Both very good wines but priced based upon rarity.

The first wine I ever bought at auction was a ‘71 Musigny Blanc which was stunning when drunk in 1989.

My most recent bottle was quite good. I also have one remaining.

Check the bottle color before opening, will be a good guide to how lucky you are!

Had the 90 about a month ago. Pretty good wine. Sttill going strong with good acidity. You guys just drink your wine too young. :slight_smile:

George

What is the recommended amount of time to lay this wine down for?

Due to its rarity, I only have 1x of the 2014. Would like to know when the “optimal” time is.