TN: 09 Brialles 82 Poyferre 94 P.Lalande Pegau Jadot Pontet Canet

2002 Bruno Paillard Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut – medium colour a very nice fresh brioche yeasty nose, good clean acidity and balance.

2009 Domaine Chandon de Briailles Corton-Charlemagne – initial whiff of sulfur passed quickly, followed by some wet stone, mineral and fruit. Good fruit on palate and a medium long clean finish.

1982 Château Léoville Poyferré – leather and oak with dark fruit in the nose, opened well on palate but the fruit seemed to taper off a tad toward the end. Decent bottle.

1993 Remoissenet Vosne Romanee 1er Cru Les Beaux Monts – pale, with a slightly funky nose, bright fruit in the mouth, elegant and long. Very good!

1994 Pichon Lalande – excellent nose with cassis, wood and plumy aspects, compact but not angular on palate and finishing with good acidity.

2001 Vergelegen Cabernet Sauvignon – dark to the rim with a lovely cocoa and berry palate and tight minty finish. No rush

2000 Domaine du Pégaü CnduP Cve Reservee – big ripe garrigue and dark fruit nose, excellent fruit level in the mouth and long finish. Very good drinking now.

2000 Bodegas Aalto Ribera del Duero – dark wine with moderate fruit and lots of acidity. Lots of soft tannin. Develops some cassis notes. Decent

2004 Pontet Canet – dark, ripe, extracted and rather Californian. Good length, just not very typical claret.

2005 Jadot Pommard – not much happening in the nose of this village wine, but a bit of vanilla and earth. Some ripeness on palate, a tad simple perhaps but not bad. Not sure what the future holds for this.

this doesn’t surprise me all that much. A lot of 05s are still super closed up, even at the village level (pommards especially so, being pommards).

Thanks for posting. Looks like hands will stay off that Pontet Canet for another decade, at least.

Sounds better then what I drank in the Okanagan.

Don’t worry, I expect you’ll be drinking some excellent wine within a couple of days… champagne.gif