PSA - Benchmark Wines Sale this Weekend

Hi All,

No affiliation (except as a customer), but thought you might like to know Benchmark Wines in Napa is having a 15% off everything on the website sale this weekend - even items that are already discounted.

Benchmark has been closed for a few days due to the fires in the area. I had a brief exchange with Tyler at Benchmark a couple days ago, who assured me the store was fine and stored wines are fine…no power losses or immediate threat (though if anyone in Napa has any info on this, I’m keen to hear).

Cheers,
Blair

Thanks for the heads up, ordered some things. Time to put my money where my mouth is and support some of those wonderful business who’ve been impacted in one way or another by these fires.

Yeah, I was very “generous” with my giving! :wink:

Their prices are often the lowest, so 15% off is a great deal. For example, mags of Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco Riserva Asili 2011 at $525 is only $5 over the lowest US price on Wine Searcher Pro. At $446.25, it is a steal.

So i was looking at some Sauternes friday afternoon… made a list and benchmark were on that list for several, many had multiple bottles in stock. Held off as i was thinking through it…

Sat - saw the sale and figured well that’s a sign! log on and boom ALL of them are gone. so either they ALL sold out instantly, or they shielded some offerings from the sale.
I’ll be curious to see if those bottles become in stock again Monday afternoon.

Is that under the felony limit?

Place I buy from the most; I think their provenance, as well as their prices, is especially fine. I hope so, as I grabbed 2 750’s of '96 Montrose, came in at $135 each.

Cool - glad you guys got in on the deal!

Got another confirmation from Tyler today that the warehouse never lost power and the wines are fine. Benchmark is back in operation today, though shipping is backed up - to be expected.

Cheers,
Blair

Ok confirmed that several of the bottles that were in stock friday afternoon - out of stock during the sale - are now back in stock.

I guess they had some blanket on some of the bottles? bummer but not a biggie and not unexpected… wish they would say that it’s 15% off MOST things,and not ‘everything’?
ah well [cheers.gif]

Wow…that is unfortunate. Wouldn’t have expected that…

I took 5 min looking at the sale, and it wasn’t really anything interesting in the categories I care about.

And yes, I think Mark Y observed something real.

It was on the scale of >1500 bottles protected from the sale.

I should clarify. I like benchmark. Not attacking and just making an observation.
Would it have been nice to get a qualifier? Sure. Better if it was truly “everything on the website”… But it’s really no big deal relative to the much bigger issues folks down there are facing.