TN: 2007 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers

• 2007 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (10/13/2017)
    A beautiful light golden color in this Ramonet gives me reason to be happy. Apples, lemon curd, fresh cream, subtle light florals, and I’m not sure if it is suggestion, but a little spearmint on the nose. On the palate, this is rich yet with excellent cut and fantastic balance. There is a freshness and cut to the ample fruit. I think this is a terroir that seems to make the most of 07, a vintage I love for its cut and freshness. In this wine, the vintage character seems to be synergistic with the richness of Chassagne, ending up with a seeming juxtaposition of the Baroque and the lean that meets in the middle and turns into something special. This is relatively broad shouldered, yet beautifully delineated and very fresh. The wood at this point just adds a background vanilla note that adds to the whole. It’s long, yet simultaneously fresh on the finish: harmonious and a joy to drink. Easy to passively love, yet complicated enough to excite the mind. Drinking at early peak, and a shame that one can’t depend on white Burg to develop like this. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Happiness and Ramonet are synonymous. Thanks for the descriptive notes.