Added 2006 +2013 Tenuta Sette Ponti Treno Toscana

2013 TENUTA SETTE PONTI ORENO TOSCANA- from the youthful color on, this exudes a playfulness only a hyper active child could perform; it is highly energetic, offers a different fruit profile from moment to moment, runs wild by mid palate and leaves one with the begging question of where will this land once it settles down and grows up; intense dark chocolate flavored dark fruit starts it out in the nose and follows on with massive, full bodied energy which crescendos requiring me to take a breath; let this graduate from college and re-visit in 10 years; 50% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot.

2006 TENUTA SETTE PONTI ORENO TOSCANA- perhaps with a high school diploma, this wine has evolved into a treasure trough of goodness to graduate with honors; with a deep, dark rich purple color, the aromas give off an abundance of mineral infused, spicy blueberry and black cherry notes; the taste has more of the same plus some licorice, cedar and leather accents along with blackberry coming in; this was medium to full bodied and had nice length, the tannic structure suggest it can go on to college and beyond with a successful career; double decanted.

pic:
1043881x.jpg

Love the humour in these very helpful notes, Blake. Having had a few bottles of Oreno now (one of them with you and your group, of course), your thoughts on the 13 aren’t surprising :slight_smile:

salud,

Mike

I had the 06 a few times when it was released. It took some swirling to get much out of the nose but it showed great promise. I’m glad it got there.

Have you had wines from the sister estate Orma?