TN: 2010 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey St. Aubin En Remilly

I forgot how well P-Y C-M did in 2010. I can almost forgive him for all the hyphens. This is like essence of Chardonnay—distilled down into an intense and vibrant bottle that is shockingly great, not just good. The wine fills every crevice in the mouth, all tastebuds humming away in unison, just an incredible bottle belying its simple origin.

I had the 2013 last night and it was equally as amazing. Started with a little reduction but opened into custard, lemon, with lots of life. PYCM is a great producer and a very humble man.

citrus custard is a great description.

I bought solid copper straws on Amazon just for stirring my 2013 PYCM St. Aubins. Beautiful wines, but massive reduction upon opening!

Cheers,

Warren

Brilliant way to describe these wines, Alan. They are so good. Popping one always puts a smile on my face. Just reading about it makes me salivate. Too early for a glass?

95% as good as his Chevalier for 10% of the price…

Still, cheapest price for this wine, any vintage, is $75 per WSPro. Sounds like it’s still worth it, but it’s getting expensive really quickly.

Well stated Alan. This is a gem and has consistently performed for the onset and as Chris mentions, it`s a great QPR.

I keep a stack of pre 1981 pennies just for PYCM wines…