Et Fille Winemaker killed in Tractor accident (in May 2017)

As far as I can tell, this had not been posted. Tragic and heartbreaking for his daughter. Unfortunately, tractor accidents seem to be not all that rare. Be careful out there, growers.

That’s a shame.

Matteo Corregio, a top producer in Roero, near Barolo, also died in a tractor accident back in 2001.

Francois Lamarche 2013 in Vosne.

Another reason to go back to using horses.

Great people, thanks for posting this. He and his daughter were very gracious and welcoming to our crew a couple falls ago.

This was very sad. My wife used to work with Jessica and has known her for years, and we were fortunate to spend some time with her and Howard a few years ago at an event they hold regularly in Montana. Good wines, even better people.

Sad story, all too common. I am now remembering my friend Frederic Lamy of Domaine Lamy-Pillot in Chassagne-Montrachet, who died in a tractor accident about 25 years ago, at 19 years of age.

Dan Kravitz

Howard was a good acquaintance, someone I’d known for years but honestly didn’t know too well. He had a big impact on me, probably more than he knew. He was an inspiration to me as another former home winemaker who made it his life. The first wine dinner I ever did as a maker was with Howard and Jessica. And every time I’d see Howard he was full of life, and interested in how things were going with me. Those little things matter so much, thanks Howard.

As a personal injury lawyer in a rural area, we have seen over the years a slow, but steady stream of products liability cases involving tractors. Farming is still, last I checked, the se ind most dangerous occupation in America (after commercial fisherman).