2015 John Thomas Offer

Received the card today.

"This is the second in a string of three historically warm vintages. Last year, while not changing winemaking style entirely, I did throw a change-up pitch. The warmer growing season ripened stems sufficiently to allow for a healthy addition of whole cluster fruit. This might explain why the 2014 struck many tasters as opulent, particularly when compared to the relatively leaner 2013. With this current vintage, ripe stems also enabled the inclusion of whole fruit so you can expect a similar wine. In fact, these two vintages resemble each other more closely than any two other back-to-back vintages I can recall in twenty-eight years of winemaking.
Picking occurred on October 3rd in perfect fall flannel shirt weather. The wine spent twenty-three months in barrel before a light egg white fining & hand-bottling. Finished alcohol, thanks to a very humid underground cellar, checks in at a food-friendly 13.3%. Four acres yielded seven hundred nineteen cases of vinous refreshment.

Enjoy!

Full case: $735
Half case: $375
The Full Monty: $750 (8 bottles and 2 magnums)
Joe 5Pak: $380 (4 bottles and 1 magnum)
Magnums (2): $275

While there are no limits on quantities, please return this mailer by Nov 15th to be assured of obtaining your full order. Voice & text queries returned at 503 857 6591

F-yea!!! Can’t wait for my 6 bottles…

Yes!! I am stoked.

There are Monty Python jokes to be made in this thread…

Got my offer in DC today.

Same.

Postcard just landed in St. Louis today. It’s interesting that this is the first year that a legal disclaimer has been included on the post card.

Someone needs to call his bluff on this :wink:

I have a few bottles of Thomas, but haven’t tasted any yet, nor my few Cameron Clos or Abbey. Has any one done a comparison tasting?

An easy order. I always enjoy getting the Thomas postcard. I had a bottle of the 2008 last night. It was fantastic.

Would anyone be so kind as to PM me a copy of the postcard? I buy every year and have for 12 straight years and though I am embarrassed to say it, it is pretty evident that my dear wife threw away the postcard sized note “as just one more winery thing he doesn’t need to buy”.

Grounds for divorce, methinks. [shock.gif]

Gary at the beginning posted what was written on the postcard. What more do you need?

Is a 6 pack the minimum order for 750’s?

I have…and I like both styles but find them to be unique and all together different, yet cut from the same cloth. Cameron is a bit harder for me to get here…so I have more Thomas. If I could easily get 3-4 bottles of the Clos I would. If you haven’t tasted a Thomas yet I’d suggest you wait knowing what you’ve liked in the past. I think you’ll be more than pleased. What vintages of the wines do you have?

A couple of weeks ago I was down in my bosses ‘cellar’, (the corner of his basement) and covered in dust were 6-7 bottles of the 98’ sitting there sideways.

I said what the f’ are you doing, you need to start drinking these, he had a flippant response that the wine sucked and has always sucked, so I said I’m stealing one and taking it home…

It was delicious, perfectly mature and showed a little bottle funk, great bright fruit that opened over the 4 hours I drank it…

I told him I’m going to steal the rest… and I will

Kirk, I have '12 & '13 Thomas and '11 of the Cameron Clos. Thinking of the cellar time needed, I will be lucky to live so long to enjoy them. newhere Most of the PN I buy and drink are half the cost of these, so buy only one for every six of the affordable wines that are drinkable after a few years depending on the vintage. '11s and '13s are resting, '12s mostly gone and '14s are drinking well now. [cheers.gif]

Unless you’re trying to get a raise, you need to stop messing with your boss’s John Thomas. [wink.gif] [snort.gif]

I just thought it was a shame that he was never going to drink them… or, he would be one of those guys that says, I’ve got a 40 yr old Thomas…

As far as being fired… I just slide him a champagne or Chablis and he’s good.

His cellar is either champ, Chablis, 14’ burg or riesling… his last comment
‘We don’t drink a lot of riesling, do you want to trade for what I’ve got’…

Um, he’s got 01’ and 02’ Donnhoff, prum and Willi Schaefer…

However skewed the trade with your boss is in your favor, just remember that you’re overworked and underpaid… :slight_smile: