2012 Mascot allocation requests are live

Still $90/bottle. Went to the 2011 release party last year in San Francisco, and hope they’ll have another such event this year.

That seems so inexpensive. Is it any good?

It’s good but for the coin I would rather have Prince of Hearts from Blankiet. Although I am bias Prince of Hearts is my go to wine.

Havent tasted, what style?

Prevailing sentiment amongst myself and friends who’ve acquired the Estate and Maiden? Mascot is about 85-90% of what Maiden brings to the table. For less than half the price of Maiden, this probably represents the best QPR of the entire Harlan portfolio in any given vintage.

I am a huge fan of the Mascot. Very well made wine, very balanced, but definitely full bodied. More old school in style than say TRB/Pott/Melka/Smith. It can be delicious with a nice decant and drank young or it could age for 10+ years.

Not to hijack too badly…but I snagged a 2010, as it’s a birth-year wine for my son, and I’ve been trying to stock up on a wide variety of wines. Anyone had it?? Feel like it can go the distance??

Thanks in advance!

For my personal taste preference, the Mascot blows away the Maiden. I’ve tried but cannot get into the Maiden. I’ve had 99-06 Maidens and never liked a single one. I really enjoy Harlan Estate (although the pricing is out of control - power to them if they can sell it) but can’t see how the Maiden even relates to it (in taste).

Mascot, to me, has more body, density and full flavors than the Maiden. I’ve often experienced a hard rustic tannin with the Maiden. Mascot has some structure but just more meat to it. Big fan for <$100.

10 Mascot was an improvement over 09 and 08. I’ll leave 11 out of the discussion as a compromised vintage. Excited for the run of 2012+ ahead of us…

Nice feedback Phil - appreciate it!