Are Wine Collectors More Intelligent Than Most?

I’ve found wine collectors to becmore intelligent than most. Do you agree, and if so, is it because we have more discretionary income, and thus, are intelligent enough to earn all of the extra cash?

[scratch.gif]

If at all … musicians are more intelligent …

[rofl.gif]

BTW: intelligence seemes to be no help against typos …

Before or after they start “collecting”?

:wink:

Most what?

Just because you can spend more money than most doesn’t mean you can spell correctly. If you think “intelligence” is tied their bank account, I think you will find a bunch of stupid people. Money doesn’t give you ANYTHING except a better lifestyle!

Incontrovertibly so.

What other group possesses the superior intelligence to continue buying well beyond the capacity of their storage or their ability to drink during their lives?

Perhaps the funniest question asked on the internet all year.

Actually, quite the opposite.

:slight_smile:

Yes, res ipsa loquitur. Or, more precisely, wine inventory ipsa loquitor.

Barry,

You were teasing, right? Tongue in cheek?

[rofl.gif] What I was thinking! We’re a bunch of dumb asses!! [rofl.gif]

There’s the real question. [snort.gif]

You people must be smarter than me. [worship.gif] Wine Berserkers “curate” a wine “cellar” by “sourcing” wine, whereas I “stack” bottles I’ve “bought” on a wine “rack”. blush I guess I need to spend some time on the brain games website to sharpen my mental acuity so I can graduate to sourcing for my cellar and be one of the “in” crowd. grouphug

I am pretty sure I get dumber everyday since collecting wines.

I’d say we are dumber, since we are buying consumable and hence decling assets, but ultimately happier cause we are sloshed. Dumb and happy ain’t bad.

I don’t know about intelligent, but i’d probably say they hold a higher percentage of graduate degrees than the general population if you were going to randomly sample.

I might say that people who enjoy talking about wine (e.g. those on this board) and its minutiae will on the whole be better at abstract thinking. But if you’re talking common sense, forget it.

I love lamp.

In my personal experience, yes. Snobby as it may be, I have given up hope that anyone who isn’t a collector will have decent taste in wine, let alone have a reasonably intelligent conversation or be able to tell me the difference between a Pommeau and a Pommard.

You obviously have not spend much time on the Politics board.