Earthquake Proofing Diamond Bins

Walked into my cellar for the first time since the little earthquake last week in LA and hot damn…The riesling bottles all went gravity’s way [cry.gif] What do you guys do about protecting your diamond bins?

put netting over bin.

What type of netting do you use and is it a pain in the ass to access the wines?

i bought some on line but have actually never used it. Will check it out. Haven’t figured out a good system for placing it and accessing it. Saw it somewhere on a prior thread.

I figured as much. I can’t really think of a good way either to employ the netting so that its both functional and still easy to access the wines. If I was more handy I would make little chainlink doors for each separate bin.

You need to ditch those diamond bins, they are probably the worst storage method for earthquakes. At least nets will strain the larger pieces of glass

Elliot,

Sorry about your lost bottles. Netting can be firmly attached on one end and securely fastened over hooks or something on the other, so easy on and easy off.

Frank, thanks for the help. Not sure why I didn’t think of such an obvious way to use it like that myself.