2016 Tercero Aberration

Cool. I’d be very interested in trying it. Good for Larry!

Maybe one of the purplest wines I have ever seen. Funky color matches the funky flavor, in a good way. May have to open my remaining bottle with our increased temps this week. It’s a great chilled red!

Loved all the variations of this wine.

I tried it too, was good stuff and would like to revisit in a few years.

Viet,

Thanks for your comments on this wine. It has been the most polarizing wine I’ve made to date. Since it went into stainless drums after primary fermentation was done, it locked in some pretty crazy aromatics, and also some pretty rough around the edges texture qualities. There is a disconnect between the aromas and the flavors, and I truly and honestly love that :slight_smile:

I’ve now made this wine twice, the first time using the same methods but with Cinsault, Grenache and Mourvedre. It was a totally different Beast, much more fruit forward but still rustic around its edges. And it is aged really wonderfully as well!

I’m not sure what I will do with my 2017 version yet. I still have not picked most of my red grapes, and I’ve yet to press anything. I’ll just have to wait and see what I’m interested in playing with down the line.

Cheers!

Thanks for the note, Viet!!!

Cheers to Larry for the daring spirit in his winemaking!

Cab Franc and vermicelli. Can’t say I’ve ever done that. [shock.gif]

Of all the wines I tasted from you this year, Larry, I was especially pleased with the 2016 Aberration. I know that nobody here cares about scores so I won’t bother mentioning them but you made a fine lineup, sir.

Tony: I agree, we drank the bottle from cellar temp to room temp and I liked it best at about 65F. Forgot to mention that in my note.

Larry: I liked how you included a lot of details on the back label so I went in with a good idea of what to expect. I wonder if those who didn’t like it were expecting a “standard” cab franc?

C Chen: The rice vermicelli is pretty neutral, I think whats more important is the ingredients served with the noodles. I wanted a red that can handle the flavor of the the meat (which was cooked with oyster sauce, soy sauce, butter and garlic) but light enough for a casual lunch. What was really cool to me was how the shiso leaf played off the cab franc notes.