2005 Jadot Corton Charlemagne

After an excellent 2005 Pernot Batard I thought I’d give the Jadot CC a shot. This is the third of four bottles I bought on release. The first one a few years ago was very good, but I saw some negative comments on the premox issues with the Jadot so a couple months ago I tried one. Dark golden and gone to the dark side. This bottle tonight is medium gold with toasted nuts, caramel, and honey just bordering on premox. The cork must have been coated with silicone because it felt slick and came out of the bottle easily. Definitely not a storage issue as many other 05s I’ve had recently (Boillot CC) have all been in fine shape. This bottle is drinkable but just barely. A sad state for a wine of this age and status.

This is really too bad. I recall the 1992 Jadot CC at the same stage very fondly. (I think I drank that one with Jay Miller among others.) A wonderful CC.

Sad. Now might not be too early to check in on 2010 CCs. The Louis Latour bottles are showing quite nicely at the moment, but their days are numbered.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I am done w Jadot. Used to buy Chevy Demoiselles yearly. Nothing new from there going in my cellar.

The 05 Jadot CC is the only Jadot white I own and I’m glad I only have one more which will be opened soon.

You have enough wine anyway…

I’m with you. Not a single Jadot white left in my cellar. Still have some reds which fortunately have been a different animal.

This a million times. Had a sixer of 2007 Clos de la Garenne and they were all in various stages of premox. Not the only example. [wow.gif]

Confirmation of the red flag for this producer`s “recent” whites. Such a shame. I can recall so many wonderful bottles from years past and now have to move on.