TN: 2008 Domaine Henri Boillot Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère

Jumping on the Mouchere bandwagon and posting an '08 note…

30 minutes opened. Beautiful pure pale gold color. Rather subdued nose with soft citrus notes, faint banana, fresh spearmint, white flowers and minerals. One sip, holy shit. Incredibly creamy, sensual and seamless in the mouth. Fabulous texture with balanced concentration, grand cru length and weight. Whoa. A kaleidoscope of flavors: Limes, lemons, more limes, spearmint, grapefruit, tangerines, white peach skin, flint. Then a huge wave of intense mineral acidity cut right down the center. Incredible tension. The minerality I can only describe as like beef jerky thing. Maybe it’s me, can’t explain otherwise, just go with it, I eat a lot of jerky. Becomes more citrusy, minerally and minty with a sour note on the back end as if you were sucking on a lemon peel and spearmint wrapped wet stone. OMFG so good. Is this still going in my mouth? Yes, yes it is. Fans out like a Floyd Money Mayweather cash roll. So good. Oh so good. And oh so young. Mouth is still watering. Hasn’t’ hit the second gear in terms of tertiary complexity but will get there in time. Patience required. Lucky to experience a great bottle! 95+ (95 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
mouchere2.jpg

Love this wine, and glad to hear it’s firing on all cylinders. Thanks for posting.

Very nice note here. Thanks for the update.

thanks for sharing, especially since I never keep them around long enough to taste them with some age on them