1975 Suduiraut

Celebrating the Jewish new year I opted to open something sweet to go with the sweet foods server throughout last nights meal.
Horrible at notes but here it goes…
Was a deep amber to deep copper color with a splash of red at times. Popped and poured (no decant time) and it was showing awesome out of the gate (bottle). Nose had orange and other fruits. Tasted awesome Pineapple, apples, oranges and honey all over the place (which turned out to go really well with both the deserts and leftover apples from beginning of the meal (apples and honey is traditionally served first at these meals). Also picked up some caramel after it was in my glass for a few minutes. Highly acidity with a strong finish. Was not sure about the wine based on it color initially but all concerns were subdued when I smelled it and I was so very happy when I tasted it. Glad I have a few more bottles as this wine tasted young and I believe it will have a long life ahead of it so I am holding them for at least another 5-10 years.

No you are not horrible at tasting notes. Being uncomfortable writing and sharing them is a fairly natural feeling. Many of us feel uneasy about it [basic-smile.gif]

Happy new year

Thanks for the affirmation, something I often seek out in my home-life and rarely find lol.
Not to toot my own horn but I often receive positive feedback in my professional life and rarely receive it in my personal life which sometimes leads to a high level of introspection. [thankyou.gif]

Thanks for the note. I have one of these sitting around and really appreciate the check-in.

Hi David,

Thanks for this valuable update - I have 4 bottles (.750) myself, but have not popped one yet. Was your bottle a .750 or a .375?

Cheers,
Blair

It was a 750ml bottle, cork held up great as I was not at my house so no durand or ah-so, a basic waiters corkscrew was used and t came out whole and with no issue. Only condition issue was a corner of the label was flapped over about a 1/4 of an inch.

So, guess I should hold my remaining 2 bottles.

planning on drinking next bottle in 2025 (if I can exercise enough restraint)

Thanks, David! [cheers.gif]

Cheers,
Blair

birth year wine for me and i think i actually have one somewhere. shana tova. thanks for the note!

Nice note. Had this a couple years ago, and it was a great bottle. Hugely enjoyable and sappy. Plenty of life ahead.

I was a little sappy in post 3 wasnt I? joking at your expense- my apologizes.

Haha! Well played, David.