TN: 2012 Carlisle Zinfandel Kirschenmann (USA, California, Central Valley, Lodi)

• 2012 Carlisle Zinfandel Kirschenmann - USA, California, Central Valley, Lodi (9/21/2017)
    LOVE me some Kirschenmann…totally opposite from what you usually get in Lodi wines…these are more feminine with sandy soil finesse. I still can’t get over the 12%alc Arnot Roberts Zin which blew my mind!
    First time with a Carlisle K-mann…15.3abv…bright and zingy red berry fruits…cherry, raspberry, rhubarb, strawberry…liqueured and fully ripe, yet still with finesse and lifted with tart citrus acidity. Brambly and exotic with wood smoke and underbrush. Pretty potpourri florals, white pepper and barrel spices…red licorice…silky smooth with a long zin spice, and tart cherry finish. Another fantastic Kirschenmann wine, in good hands! Tegan, you hit the jackpot buying this property!! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I don’t think I’ve seen an electric pink color like that on a cork before. Crazy!!

Thanks for the note, Buzz! The color in the glass is amazing!

Have you tasted the Carlisle Dupratt? Can you please compare any impressions you may have had with it versus the (traditionally) warm-weather Lodi’s Kirschenmann Vineyard?

Although one might never lump a Mendocino bottling with a Lodi Zin, I am assuming that each would reflect greater finesse and lighter fruit intensity versus the majority of Carlisle’s vineyards.

Random question, I know. Thanks!

Great note Buzz. I’ve been meaning to do a comparison tasting of the Bedrock, Carlisle, and Turley versions of this wine. The A-R I’ve only had off the list at Chez Panisse, and it was amazing.