2015 Philip Togni Cabernet Tasting Notes

Has anyone had the '15 Togni Cab? I typically throughly enjoy his wines, but have not seen any notes on '15 & trying to determine how deep to go this year.

Thanks!
Jim

Two year old Togni? I remember speaking with Philip about his 1995 around 2000 and he said “it needs more time”. Just go with the track record, and buy up! I seriously doubt the 2015 will be anything less than excellent.

It hasn’t even been two years yet.

Might it not still be in some weird racking/malolactic/micro-oxygenation kinduva phase right now?

[I don’t know anything about the technicals, I’m just sorta vaguely aware that there’s a phase circa year-one to year-two when the “wines” are undrinkable.]

It has been a couple years since I have been up the hill to taste with Philip. I don’t think the 2015 are yet released and even if they were would be in a very primary stage. All you really need to do is look at the history of the estate, buy and hold.

+1 to the whole “not ready yet” club. deadhorse

Ha, I agree it’s not ready.
I should have been clearer as I was curious if someone had been to Togni and tasted from barrel etc. Also, any pro reviews floating around. I’ve been buying Togni for years and it needs at least 10 to even warm up.