TN: 1997 Pride Mountain Cabernet Reserve, 2014 Dagueneau Pur Sang....

Celebrating 20yrs of marriage bliss…let the party begin!!! champagne.gif

• 1997 Pride Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (9/19/2017)
    Celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary this week. One of many great wines to come in the next few days! This 97 is just as good as our marriage is with 20yrs on it! Still dark with barrel sample youth! Amazing richness yet vibrancy…classic Pride Mtn liqueured berry fruit with creamy mocha chocolate brownies…more dusty now with the age, some dried green tobacco leaves, leather and cassis. Tannins are still firm and grippy dry, but works well with the sweet fruit giving it that graphite powder dryness that I like in my cabs. Dried raspberries and blueberries, exotic oak barrel spice…really nice cherry skin acidity keeps the dancing going fresh and well into the night. SO youthful and fantastic…could crack one of these on our 40th, but alas my last bottle from release. Couldn’t ask for more in this wine for our special time! Of course…97pts! (97 pts.)

• 2014 Didier Dagueneau Pouilly-Fumé Pur Sang - France, Loire Valley, Upper Loire, Pouilly-Fumé (9/19/2017)
    Very bright with lime and green apple skin, gooseberry, white peach, mango fruits…fresh and zippy citrus acidity, intriguing mango and talc like spice…florals are beautiful with a mix of flowers and grasses…amazing salinity with the crushed rock and powdery minerality. A crisp wine, but does gains weight with some air, little vanilla creme with lime squeeze…smoke nuance…long refreshing finish. LOVE this wine! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Congratulations, Brian! My sister and brother-in-law celebrate their 20 year anniversary tomorrow!

Thanks,
Ed

Official day is tomorrow also! Unfortunately I have to work that night(I know I know go ahead and smirk Fu!)…so celebrating tonight as well as this weekend! Thanks! :wink:

That note sounds way better than the '97 Reserve Claret I had last weekend.

Happy Anniversary Buzz! And thanks for the note. I’ve been holding the last bottle of a 6-pack waiting for a special occasion.

Congrats on the special occasion.

Love all vintages of Pur Sang including the 14. Didiers son has taken it up a notch. Saw it on a wine list at a restaurant in Amsterdam where I am now for 240 Euros. I passed.

Aged Pride is just majestic. Congrats on your 20 years of marriage!