Jamet

1985 and 1990 $1,000 per at HDH sale over the weekend? :astonished:

The special Cote-Brune bottling or the regular Cote Rotie?

Either way, still insane.

Regular

Going the way of Gentaz and Verset. Sad, but I guess not surprising given the increasing demand and limited supply.

The bidding at this last HDH auction was quite strong across the board. I wondered at times if bidders realized a 19% commission is added on to the bid.

My assumption is that those hammer prices reflect rarity; there’s very little of those vintages left.

Bruce

I think someone had a monster Rhone fetish on day 3. 90 clape went for $600 a btl. A vertical of clape went for way more than it should have.

Ooops - what should I do with my old Jamets now?
Far too expensive too drink !!!
[shock.gif]

…
…
…

[wink.gif]

I had a 1998 and 2010 Jamet recently in Lyon as my first jamets. They were both highly disappointing thinking they would be a major step up from the $50-$100 cote roties I’ve bought over the last two years. In Lyon you can buy the newest jamets at $70-90 at the wine store and I think that makes sense being $20 higher because of its history. At least from my limited experience doubling or more the price in the United States is not worth it.

The thing about Jamet is that if you drink it too young, it just tastes like Syrah. If you wait 12-15 years, it transforms. With regard to 98, I’ve read some positive reviews, but my own experience has been middling. 99 on the other hand is the real deal.

had 1998 at a tasting a month ago and IMHO it need a few more years, the 2004 was lovely

His 1997s are well worth keeping an eye open for. One of their favourite vintages, they even bottled a special Cuvee in addition to Brune called Sommet d’Harys.

2002 Raveneau Clos 950 plus vig.

Yes, and someone spending $1000 on a bottle of Jamet isn’t exactly broke.

That’s not that out of whack. It’s been selling between $800-$900 all year long.

Bingo.

The 1998 was also in our dinner-tasting last month. Same views, i.e. can use more cellar time.

I’ve had the '98 twice in the last year. I found it open and excellent. Had it with my tasting group the recent time and it appeared to be one of the more favored wines in a pretty solid line-up.

Coincidentally, I had a very solid bottle of 2004 at the HDH auction on Saturday.

The only mature example I’ve had was the 2000. How does that compare to other vintages?

A very good Jamet, the 2000, in my opinion. We had in a tasting about 4 or 5 months ago, head-to-head with the 1998. I actually liked it more than the already good 1998. I thought the 2000 showed more of the Northern Rhone wildness, old-school traits to me.

Yes. In 2015 we had two bottles of the 2000 in a blind tasting, both outstanding.

For me Jamet is the paradigm of Northern Rhone wines.