TN: 2010 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard

• 2010 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (9/15/2017)
    13.8% alcohol. Black cherry color, getting notably lighter at the edge of the glass. The nose has really opened up over time, with soaring black cherry, blackberry, and raspberry notes, along with that unique hint of orange that I find in Rivers Marie Pinots. In the mouth, refined, sumptuous, and very pleasing in texture. The fruit delivers a tangy punch, and there is an earthy pitch behind the acidity and into the finish. Drinking very well but easily will last another 5-7 years. A-

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note, sounds spot on.

Although I’d give it an A instead of an A-, tracks my thoughts exactly. I love that hint of orange in Rivers Marie Pinots. Gives them a unique but recognizable flavor profile.

I’m such a stingy dude with my A’s … haha. This is always one of my favorite wines. Distinct, lively, and delicious.

Checked and I have one left. Will open in the relative near term. Thanks, Tom.

Tom! See you in December.

J

Opened this tonight, did not stand it up ahead of time, so it is quite cloudy - but that sure doesn’t detract from the experience. Just fantastic aromatics, with cranberry, cherry, and significant spice notes. Beautiful on the palate, energetic, lively, with great acidity, a deep core of fruit, and a long, very satisfying finish. Really great stuff, one more bottle left!

2 Likes