Blankiet....Pure Class

I have been a fan of Blankiet for a while and am super excited about Graeme being there but this e-mail is just incredible:

Dear Robert,

We hope that you and your loved ones are safe.

Katherine and I are thinking of you and we would like to help. Please let us know the name of the relief organization that is important to you.

With our best wishes,

Claude and Katherine Blankiet

Blankiet Estate

Thank goodness we’re ok and did just fine with Irma. What incredible people. I never needed an incentive to buy, but this just takes my admiration of the Blankiet’s to a new level!!

Classy move.

Yes, they are both very kind and genuine.

Unfortunately long wait list or I would buy.

If you ever get up there to visit, I think they put you on the list, or at least that was my experience a couple of years ago. Nice people.

I received this email as well. Also received emails from peacock, vineyard 7&8 and revana.

While I never would have expected this, I can’t say that I am shocked. Claude and Katherine are some of the most wonderful people around.

Thankfully, they make amazing wine…that I will be happily purchasing more of.

Classy.

Awesome. Kinda need some story like this every so often.

that is correct, I bought 6 bottles on our visit in August and I was told I would be getting the fall offer and be on the list. Great people there…

Wow – a wonderful story of customer service – no, just pure humanity. Thanks for sharing it. They deserve all of the bump in reputation they get for such a move.

Also received the same email, touched by their generosity.

Houston, TX WBer here. Blankiet is a class act, but I’d like to acknowledge other that reached out with thoughts and prayers…namely, Seven Stones, Buccella, Realm, and Vincent Arroyo. More class acts in Napa!

I had the opportunity to taste at Blankiet yesterday with Claude and Graeme. Phenomenal experience with the nicest people. Incredible attention to detail and the craft is obviously so deep in their hearts. Such pride and passion. The vineyards are impeccable and the fruit looks amazing. Tasted the 14’s and all four wines are super fresh, expressive and vibrant. Really impressive. What a treat!

They just test drove their new optical sorter with their first pick of the 17 vintage, a block of merlot. Pretty excited about quality in 17. Hope mother nature hangs in there for another month.

I met the Blankiet staff at the charity release party for the 2009 vintage in Yountville. I do not remember exactly who I spoke to, but I was so impressed with the people that I ordered more Blankiet that day than any of the other massive number of wines being poured. I am also a Graeme fan, so it seems to make a good marriage.

Agree that is a classy move on their part.

What vintage did Blankiet hit their stride? I bought in the early to mid 2000s when they were new and the wines were very tough and unforgiving, all structure and no fruit. Tried a couple vintages and then dropped off the list.

I think they really figured it out in 2006 and to me have steadily improved with every vintage since. And I think with Graeme now as the winemaker, they may become even better.

Robert, think my last vintage was 2004. May need to revisit.

That is so cool. Thank you for sharing. Makes me a big fan of Blankeit. Not really a fan of the wine, but they must be great folks.

Jason

Love the wines and now the folks behind them.