MACDONALD Incoming!

Officially announced, release is next Tuesday 9/19. Very excited after tasting at the estate

The one wine nobody seems to pass on. Lol

But if you do, message me!

If for any reason someone does please let me know. Secondary market purchases of MacDonald have been obviously tough and this is an anniversary vintage for me.

I have been waiting for that news!
Did you get an email on that? I talked to Alex a couple weeks ago and he assured me I was in the offering.
Also, any word on pricing?

I got the email earlier today and from what I remember pricing will remain the same, $150 per

Damn, alright I will give it a day and then start stalking him down :slight_smile:

Estate? I must have missed that when we sat around the kitchen table drinking wine.

$165/btl this release. Anticipate Maggies up a bit too.

It seems all this wine is starting to affect my memory

Is this first come first serve?

IIRC, last year previous customers had about a week to get their orders in …

Few wait that long :wink:

Hmm, I think I remember missing out the first year by not ordering right away, but maybe I’m mistaken. I’ve been on the list from the beginning, and last year was the first year I managed to actually get an order in. It could be that I was too slow the first year, and therefore wasn’t in the “previous customers” list for the subsequent years. I don’t remember all of the details. But I personally will not be dilly dallying.

I recall being on the list for at least the initial offer. I think the first year sold out in the 15 minutes I was in some meeting. I don’t recall getting an offer the second year (or since then). I don’t think I have heard squat from them again. Probably for the best anyway.

email says this vintage is 345 cases…which is a little larger than the '13, as i recollect. Still, not a whole lot to go around.

I remember the first year - it DID sell out in fifteen minutes…I happened to be in the office that day, at that time and must have gotten in by the skin of my teeth. It was a Christmas miracle if i ever saw one.

On the list for a while. Crickets. :frowning:

I recall that the 2013 production was 227 cases, which would make this a nice ~50% increase. Not a lot to go around, but relatively more than before.

As someone who has meetings all day most days of the week, releases that come out during business hours and sell out within minutes (or even a couple of hours) are the bane of my existence. Sometimes I can manage to order via my phone if I’m lucky, but often I’m SOL…

Serious wine collectors have people to do this for them.

All in
I’d love to see allocations rise with the “glut” of wine this vintage.