TN: 2012 La Chablisienne Chablis Grand Cru Grenouilles

• 2012 La Chablisienne Chablis Grand Cru Grenouilles - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (9/11/2017)
    A little light and 1er in weight…fresh and crystalline yellow pitted and green apple fruits…nice tart and sours with lemon and grapefruit acidity…little smoky reduction which is a nice nuance…pretty white flowers and lime blossom florals. What I love is the crushed limestone and salty sea air in this! Just screams Chablis to me! As it warms it gains weight and tries to fit in those GC pants…but still need suspenders. Flavors are wonderful though…showing some dried honey and licorice spice. Solid wine…and a pleasure to drink. Not up to GC standards, bit neither is the price! I know these age well, so we’ll see what a decade or so brings. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Just had to Deux it! [wink.gif]
:frog:
0445D024-4BF8-4A59-A9D2-2AFC457EBBF3.jpeg

cuisses.jpg
[cheers.gif]

not a lot of producers make Grenouilles. I’ve always enjoyed the Chablisienne version. Give it time. Nice note.

I just pulled the '10 version of this bottling. I’ve had some 1er cru '12’s from la Chablisienne and liked them. La Chablisienne does make a great Grenouilles and several 1er cru Chablis worth trying.