TN: 2014 Domaine Billaud-Simon Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre

2014 Domaine Billaud-Simon Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (9/9/2017)
I wish I did not feel compelled to drink my Chablis so young, because this wine is all about promise. The core of apple and lemon fruit is coiled up tight, and it feels like th wine will need several years to reveal itself. Do I feel lucky?

Posted from CellarTracker

I think I had 6-7 of these at one time. I’m a little afraid to count what’s left… I keep telling myself to buy whatever I can find of 2014’s that are left out there but I haven’t yet quite gotten around to it.

Lovely wine with potential but for drinking today the 2014 Bilaud-Simon Chablis AC is a better drink and of course for less coin.

If only I had been offered the Chablis.

I would strongly disagree that it’s better drink. I actually wasn’t that enthralled with the AC Chablis, but prob just a phase. The MdT seriously outclasses it. But, on the other hand, I think if you were to buy anywhere along the range of the better chablis producers in 2014 you will be very, very happy.

This wine is still available for about $50. Originally available at $34, I believe. Sensational buy to begin with, definitely worth it even at $50. Will age out beautifully, IMHO.