100th Anniversary in downtown L.A. – San Antonio Winery

My wife and I recently visited this amazing winery. They give a great tour of the place and I also took the opportunity for a tasting. I hope you enjoy watching our video of it. So glad to join this community! champagne.gif newhere

S5WQTg-uMDM

Great story and great folks. When I worked in LA we would often take visitors there for lunch. Amassing adaptability. [cheers.gif]

Lex - smart of you to have a designated driver (apparently Neek didn’t try the wines)

I’ve driven past that winery more times than I can count, back in my cello-playing days

Yes, it’s a great place for lunch! Really great Italian food, I took my Mom there a couple years ago when she came down from Oregon. Always very friendly service there!

That is correct! Neek did enjoy the tour though, but did not drink. It is a beautiful place - inside and outside.

Five years ago, my father’s nursing home had an event at the San Antonio Winery and he realized that both of them were “born” in 1917 while he was sampling the wines. This year, he went back with his nursing home and both of them celebrated their 100th “birthdays”.

Wow! Now that’s how you celebrate a centennial! Good for him, hope he had a great time!

Lex, thanks for sharing that great video. I particularly enjoyed your facial expressions during the tasting. [basic-smile.gif]

Thanks Peter! Neek says I’m sometimes too polite in my tasting notes, my face is a more honest indicator. Our recent trip to Prairie Berry is a good example of that.

TVAr0s3VR_M

As a house guest of a now retired Wine Warehouse friend, we visited there for the first time in late July. Loved the history not only of the winery, but the entire area with its vast number of vineyards.

The highlight for us in the Winery was the gift shop which had many wine related gift ideas, many not seen before. My wife bought the sign that says “A wine geek and a normal person live here”. It rests outside the front door of our home. I keep reminding her she has a lot to live up to being a normal person.

There really is a wonderful history in the area that San Antonio Winery exhibits. My wife and I explored some of that in our blog:

I think I remember seeing that sign there! We didn’t get it though. We both know we’re not normal! [cheers.gif]