TN: 2013 Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Georges de Latour Private Reserve

• 2013 Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Georges de Latour Private Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (9/4/2017)
    My local source(a supermarket) dried up on these as I was getting the 12 and this 13 for under $60 when on sale! I bought everything they had, then more showed up, another sale and bought all, now all gone…maybe for good?
    Well…these are so damn good, I just can’t keep my hands off them! Should hold them for at least 10yrs, but I don’t cellar many young Cabs anymore, so when the craving hits…these are easy pulls!
    The 13 is fantastic, as is the 12! So classic to me…silky smooth liqueured berry fruits, full bodied and ripe mouthfeel balanced well with a savory aspect from the dusty graphite powder, crushed charcoal, and oak barrel tannins. Yes, the killer Rutherford dust is evident! Dusty cherry, anise, tobacco spice…SO accessible, elegant and tasty right now…but plenty of solid structure to go decades. The bonus is the pleasure I get from drinking well made wines from the old guys, the pioneers…their historic vineyards and legacy liquified in my glass! Not a real fan of the new label though… (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Under $60?! Really? There never any deals like that in my neck of the woods.

$60!?! Helluva score Buzz - good stuff and killer note as always.

And I agree…the new label sucks

+2 in the label.

You really think these can go decades? I’ll have to look out for this.

I was gonna say i don’t mind the new label. ha

I have owned and enjoyed several vintages of this wine and would love to score some bottles for $60!

Another craving…another killer young GdL! Still young…but MAN they are tasty with some beef and cheese! My note 3 yrs ago hasn’t really changed…the only problem is I can’t get these for $60 anymore…and only a couple bots left! Wish I had the will power cuz these should be at peak in 15-20.

you stole those wines! Great.

Didn’t the fruit for Georges de Latour at one time come from what is now Staglin?