PLEASE READ Some changes on the server (now on SSL, site-wide)

We’ve added an SSL certificate to the server, and hopefully made all the necessary changes - it might log you out when you let your browser memorize the login, but it should kick you only once, as then it resets your cookie with the new address as now the cookies are SSL

Well, dang.

I could get in on my phone but not my computer. I’ll watch this thread.

I had to delete all of my existing cookies before I could log in successfully.

Any chance of adding the Wiki Plugin? This would be a great way to answer common questions that arise like where to eat in XYZ, etc.

The $$ question is why I had > 10 WB cookies?

Search function?

Thanks for the cookie thing. I’m baaaaaa-aaack.

champagne.gif

I’d suggest moving this thread to Wine Talk, since if you’re not logged in, you can’t see Asylum.

Good point - hopefully folks will understand why a non-wine topic is in Wine Talk. Only will have it there for a few days

I am having to log in every time.

I can get in on my phone but I can’t log in at all on my iPad

Having to log in every time. Will no longer do automatic log in

Dumb question but is everybody screen all scrunched up? With a big white margin on the far right?

CJ, your view is because you aren’t a subscriber, and thus ads show - you might have an ad blocker in your browser, but the coding will leave ‘space’ for the ads even if they don’t show.

For everybody else, it’s a lot of work, so please be patient. Clearing your cache (on your browser) will help, and it will eventually store the new secure cookies.

I’ll be migrating all the pages to the secure URL soon as well, so there will be some growing pains until I get that all situated, then we’ll run smoothly like before, only on SSL

we should be good to go - everything is on SSL now from what I can see - let me know if you have issues

Yes, similar problems here logging in from a computer.

‘Delete all board cookies’ link on the bottom rhs of the screen didn’t work, but deleting cookies in the browser did work.

I reckon it would be a good idea to leave this thread as a sticky for a few days, as others may be confused as to what the problem is - seeing recent posts but not able to log in themselves.

Now that the SSL site works, I suggest to everybody that you change your bookmarks, as I presume most have this site bookmarked for easy access. You’ll want to delete the old one, make a new one once you are in the secure site.

This thread should be stickied somewhere.

For those having to log in every time, if you’re using Chrome, click on the little circle just to the left of the https:// in your address bar (it still indicates some security issues) and find where it reads Cookies at the top of that long list. Right under that, it will say something like “5 in use” - click that and then you’ll see this:

open all the subfolders and manually delete each item. Close, reload the page, and come back to this menu. You should see all the cookies updated.

Here’s how to manage on Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US

Here’s how to manage on Firefox: Clear cookies and site data in Firefox | Firefox Help