TN: 2004 juge

Bought at Rouge Tomate last night. The first 15 minutes it was extremely light, had no sweetness, and frankly if poured without knowledge of what it was would be highly disappointed. The next 15 minutes it opened up a bit and started to show a bit more body and began to taste very good. At about 30-45 minutes it opened up to be an absolutely gorgeous wine with classic northern rhone flavors and nice complexity with beautiful completeness. At about the hour hour mark it became the most dramatic difference in a wine from timepoint 0 to 60 that I’ve ever encountered. It became extremely funky full bodied and downright full throttle northern rhone. In the beginning it tasted like a 2013 major underperformer and within an hour it tasted like a 1990 fully aged beauty. I’d give a solid 93.

Drool. My sole btl of 04 juge was a buttery flawed mess :frowning:

Was this labeled Marcel or Olga? I curiously have 2 bottles of Olga and one Marcel in 2004, but have never been sure of the difference, and my first bottle of Olga in about 2008 was insanely shut down.

Very very happy to see this note. Thanks. I may head down to RT tomorrow although the pricing on these there is a little steep.

It was Olga and it said cuvée c

Yes. Cuvée C. Thanks.

If you don’t mind me asking, what does it go for on that list?

$215 less 15 percent discount they are giving