Realm 2015 Save the date

I see the 15 tempest, falstaff and Bard will be offered in a couple of weeks. Anyone try these from barrel or bottles?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Have not, but when we visited last year, Juan mentioned he thought '15 was as good or better than '13 for Realm. Take it for what it’s worth. YMMV

Anybody know the makeup of the Bard? Seems to change each year.

Bard is $110 this year. I need to take someone’s allocation.

After tasting the '15 Bard it is indeed, at the very least, equal to the '13

Love the Bard. Just had the 2014 this past weekend and it was so good, even though very young.

I also buy the Tempest regularly, as it is always a crowd pleaser.

Will be buying both again.

Also offering the 2014 Absurd, which I likely will buy as well.

One of my favorite wineries, along with Maybach, Becklyn, and Shafer.

Anyone try the 2014 Absurd? I heard they made a lot more of it than in 2013. Parker gave it 100pts. I’m definitely in for 2015 Bard! Still wish I had purchased more 2013 Bard…

My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting Realm’s new winery in Napa two weeks ago. While there is a lot of renovation work still being done it is already a wonderful space with some really great views. The tasting room in the cave is fantastic. We tasted the '14 Bard, '14 Farella, and the '09 Dr Crane. All were compelling and solidified my opinion that Realm is making some of the best wines in the valley today. Rumor is that the '15 Bard is supposed to be spectacular. Count me as a buyer.

Anyone know the waiting list time for Realm?

website says 1-2 yrs

Realm’s website doesn’t work on my 2009 iPad, do I have to ask here: is the Realm tasting room open Saturday’s? Is it drop in or by appointment only? I’ll be in Napa next weekend for a wedding and have time for at most one stop, and Realm would be high up on the list. Plus I could turn in my order in person, since doesn’t the offer go out 9/6?

By Appointment only, and doesn’t list which days you might be able to get an appointment.
If you do get in you may be able to purchase some older vintages, we were offered some years ago when we visited with Juan at Ch. Boswell.

Thanks

It’s 0154 West Coast time, anyone get their offer yet?

Uhmmm…no. It doesn’t open till 10am California time, I think. [bow.gif]

Order in! Bought all of the 750s I was offered and wish listed some more Bard.
They do a really good job of matching allocations to previous purchases (at least for me).

In for 8 Bards 1 Absurd and wished 5 more. Crossing fingers here.

No rush to order as these are guaranteed for a week. But will be all-in except for the Absurd. That price is just plain absurd. :slight_smile:

First time.

1 of 1 Tempest, 2 of 3 Bards. Wish listed 1 of 4 Falstaffs. I’m way over budget this year already. No Absurd wishlist.

Yikes on the price of the Absurd.