Pinots in Sonoma

I will be heading to Sonoma in october. 2 days in bodega bay and 3 in Healdsburg. I know the zin wineries I want to visit. But interested in some Pinot wineries to visit. I am not in the AFWE category. I like my Pinots bigger with fruit and higher alcohol. Looking for recs on places to visit. Thx

Davis Family, Benovia, Gracianna for starters.

Benovia was on my list as I am on their membership

Then I’m barking up the right tree eh? [cheers.gif]

Lynmar, in the RRV has several different Pinots all are bigger in style. The property is gorgeous, one of the most attractive in all of Wine Country.

Be sure to make an appointment.

Tom

Hartford and Woodenhead who both have great zins as well. Joseph Swan makes great pinots but toward the more elegant side and really great zins. Schedule an appointment at Scherrer-great wines across the board and if you get a chance to taste with Fred it is a bonus. Siduri might be right up your ally also-make an appointment.

Walk into virtually any Pinot Producer in Sonoma. You have to work pretty hard to find real AFWE wines.

Looks like Scherrer doesn’t have appt during harvest season

Here’s one actually in Healdsburg! (on the square)

Me! (Def not AFWE)

https://www.roadhousewinery.com/

Great. will stop in

Holdredge, with a tasting room in Healdsburg, is a good option.

If you want a fancy, scenic tasting that now requires an appointment, Gary Farrell used to be a good one. I haven’t been in recent years and since they changed to the appointment format.

A good walk in to consider is Hartford. Lovely property, friendly folks. Good selection of Pinot and zin.

Sojourn!

Rochioli and Merry Edwards do walk ins as well.

Gary Farrell just remodeled their tasting room. The views are better than ever.

Adam Lee is an OG Berserker and a solid guy. Maybe reach out to him?

Dutton-Goldfield is a reliably good stop in RRV. Littorai is a great sit-down appointment option. Can’t miss with Joseph Swan.

In Sonoma and all close to Sojourn:

• Fulcrum
  • Three Sticks
  • Patz & Hall

Sometimes it’s beneficial to read the OP. Just sayin.

"I am not in the AFWE category. I like my Pinots bigger with fruit and higher alcohol."

Some great recommendations above for Healdsburg esp. Holdredge & Davis Family which are very close.

I would also suggest Emeritus as it is a beautiful property and tasting room near Sebastopol but it depends on your route between Bodega Bay and Healdsburg.

At risk of re-directing this thread I’m tempted to ask - who would be the quintessential AFWE Pinot producer in Sonoma ?

Thanks!

I can definitely set you up for some VIP treatment at Siduri tasting room (in Healdsburg or Santa Rosa) and also help out at Hartford. Drop me an email at adam.lee@siduri.com

Adam Lee
Siduri Wines