Lynmar Pinot Questions

Earlier this year, thanks to the recommendations of a number of people here, we did a tasting at Lynmar on a wine country trip. We’ve now drank through what we’ve ordered, and I have some questions:

Is anybody in their wine club? How do you like it? Aside from after-market, that seems to be the only way to get some of the higher end Pinots they make, right?

We really quite enjoyed the wines, but I’m wondering if two cases per year (the one you need for their high end wines) is too much for the access, given my many other lists and purchases. Out of 20 or so wineries we buy from throughout the year, there is MAYBE one that I buy more than two cases from. So, it’s a heavy ask.

Look forward to your thoughts…

I absolutely love their wines, but don’t drink through fast enough to keep up with a planned mailing list.

We will go to the winery and taste and grab what is available and take home a six to eight pack, on average, with some chardonnay, once per year.

We have a ‘cheat’ because we can just drive over.

If you were a fan of their chards, then it would be easier to make the case level.

This is the tough part of our obsession…not over-doing it!

I don’t have a solid approach to keeping up with the smaller lot releases and we play it randomly.

We have been in the Advocate’s Club since my days single in the 00s. Now I just take their Chardonnay as we eat a lot of seafood and tend to drink less domestic PN than ever before. People at Lynmar are top-notch in every way and the events are generally beyond compare.

Well, I just called them and the woman who helped me, April, was super nice. She said you can always call and see what’s available, and they’ll “help” you buy it.

She also said that you can move between the two-case club (6 bottles per quarterly shipment) and one-case club (3 bottles) from mailing to mailing. The schedule is laid out so you can see what you’re getting.

Any other input welcome, but I think I’ll join and find a friend locally to share the 2-case shipment with. I like variety, and I know from other clubs I’ve belonged to, the bottles will just build up (not that that’s a terrible thing). 6 to 12 bottles per year is the right number number for us.

[cheers.gif]