Champagne stoppers for Krug and Dom?

I’ve got a couple regular stainless steel champagne stoppers I use quite frequently…they work like designed on pretty much every sparkler we drink…except Dom and Krug??? They won’t clamp shut on those particular bottles, so in the rare event that we have leftovers, like 06 Dom last night, I have to wrap a rubber band around the stopper to get it to stay shut! Is this the case with everyone else? Or do I not have the right stoppers???

Thanks champagne.gif

you need the sterling silver gold-plated ones. Either that or nobody in the history of wine has had an unfinished bottle of those two.

1 Like

yeah, you lost me at “leftover” Krug and Dom.

3 Likes

Really?? No one has EVER had to put a stopper in a Krug or DP??? Why doesn’t mine(both) work on these bottles? [shrug.gif]

+1. We don’t have those things in SoCal either.

These types work for me on nearly any bottle of bubbles.

+1

I have never found stoppers necessary. You can leave a bottle of champagne open in the fridge for a day or two without major consequence.

Though I must admit, it has never been necessary with Dom or Krug…

1 Like

SOMEONE SHOULD TAKE AWAY THAT BEAUTIFUL CELLAR FROM YOU.

Call me a philistine but I just re-seal with a regular (non-champagne) cork. Works equally well for mags as well.

Yeah, I can’t find my Champagne stopper so I just use a t-cork. Works fine.

Well…it happened again…leftover Krug from last night! [smileyvault-ban.gif] But this time, I was able to just put the SAME cork right back in the bottle…snug as a bug. Just took it out of the fridge to finish…and the cork sealed it as tight as ever…making for another fresh POP when removed! champagne.gif

I stick a spoon in the neck . . .

All my stoppers work just fine on Krug.

I never buy Dom. Neither Laura nor I like it enough to buy it over other things.

I have a heavy metal one from Krug (branded) that we used in Telluride. Phil Franks took about half a dozen of them, leaving me with one, but I cherish my one!!! :slight_smile:

This takes first world problems to a new level

Like this?

Left overs… what’s that?

Precisely - it’s awesome

nice! actually looks worth $50